i’m Droid

i’m Droid is the custom-tailored version of Android that runs on the i’m Watch. i'm Droid is the only full-fledged version of Android especially made to run on a smartwatch, featuring an optimized UI for the smartwatch form factor, innovative power-saving features such as Smart Tethering, and some unique capabilities.

i'm Droid is based upon Android 1.6, slimmed down of its features which are not needed on the i’m Watch. We’ve worked on the OS of the i’m Watch adding support for advanced features not available on the underlying Android distribution, to perfectly integrate it with the i’m Watch hardware and to overcome the differences and limitations that the smartwatch form factor has on respect to the smartphones Android was designed for.


The two brands are owned by i’m SpA, a company in which Manuel Zanella holds a 25% stake. The remaining 75% is divided between Massimilano Bertolini with 25% and H Equity with 50%. Manuel Zanella is President of i’m SpA. Manuel Zanella has attracted the interest of the press and has been interviewed many times due to his ambition and determination to succeed as an entrepreneur. He was included in the 2008 List of Top Italian Managers and in February 2009 Economy dedicated its front page story to him. In 2010 he was featured by Capital in a report on young managers and entrepreneurs.